The most grievous failure of spirituality occurs in the face of evil. Even if you think you hold the ultimate truth in your hands , there is no guarantee that you will escape from evil. More violence has occurred in the religion than for any other reason. Hence the bitter aphorism:
GOD HANDED DOWN THE TRUTH, AND THE DEVIL SAID,”LET ME ORGANIZE IT”.
EVIL COMPLETELY DEPENDS ON ONES LEVEL OF CONSCIOUNESS.
WHAT IS THE WORST EVIL?
1. The worst evil is to hurt someone physically, or endanger their survival.
2. The worst evil is to enslave people economically, depriving them of any chance to succeed and prosper.
3. The worst evil is to destroy peace and bring about disorder.
4. The worst evil is to entrap peoples mind.
5. The worst evil is to destroy beauty, creativity , and freedom to explore.
6. The worst evil is often difficult to tell from good, since all creation is relative.
7. There is no evil, only the shifting patterns of consciousness in an eternal dance.
CONDITIONS THAT RELEASE SHADOW ENERGY
1. REMOVING A SENSE OF RESPONSIBILTY
3. DEHUMNIZING ENVIRONMENTS
4. PEER EXAMPLES OF BAD BEHAVIOUR
5. PASSIVE BYSTANDERS
6. RIGID LEVELS OF POWER
7. PREVAILING CHAOS AND DISORDER
8. LACK OF MEANING
9. IMPLICIT ORDER TO DO HARM
10. US-VERSUS-THEM MENTALITY
12. LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY
GIVEN THE RIGHT CIRCUMSTANCES , EVERYONES SHADOW ENERGY WILL EMERGE.
SET ASIDE A LITTLE TIME FOR SHADOW MEDITATION.
Combat Evil Through Personal Transformation
It is important to remember that anything you can do to expand your awareness will automatically counter evil. Be gentle when you are tempted to be harsh. Pay attention when you are tempted to turn a blind eye. Accept that the negativity you are feeling belongs to you when you are tempted to blame someone else.
Personal transformation on this level is the highest way to combat evil. The more conscious you become, the more you come into balance. Once balanced, you can choose to reject destruction; your awareness expands beyond the immediate hurt to see that evolution is eternal and therefore eternally possible.
We would all agree that anger gives rise to many evil acts, not anger per se, but anger that has become trapped. If your awareness is open and free, anger flows through it. This applies both to rage generated inside yourself when you feel victimized, and anger that comes from outside, in the form of an attack.
Both are meant to leave when their job is done. Anger’s work is to alert your defense systems. Aggression and defense are part of the survival repertoire of almost every species that must compete to mate, find food, and occupy territory. Festering, it feeds on itself and eventually breaks out in violence.
Every living system that goes out of balance attempts to right itself. Despite all the talk about human beings being innately violent, aren’t we also innately gentle? The evidence for both is equally strong.
- Torkom Saraydarian.