Search This Blog

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Discrimination

The first Light that Christ taught is discrimination, discernment.

What is right and what is wrong? There was a very strong philosophy in the ‘60s especially, and that philosophy was saying to us in the newspapers and on the radio, “There is no right and wrong. Everything is right. No matter what you do, it is right. If you want to do it, it is right.” That was wrong. For me it was wrong.

A boy came to my class. After the class, we used to give ten or fifteen minutes recess. He came to me and said, “Torkom, there is one thing wrong with you.” I said, “What is wrong with me?” He said, “There is no right and wrong. Everything is right.” “Then,” I said, “I am not wrong.” “Gosh,” he said. “But I will tell you one thing to teach you a lesson. Now,” I said, “look at this knife.” Then I put the knife in his hand and said, “Cut your artery now.””No,” he said. “Oh, it is right,” I said. “No, it isn’t right.” “Well, you know exactly which is right and which is wrong. Then what are you talking about?”

Why did they manipulate or create such a philosophy? They wanted to use it for their own license. “Because there is no right and wrong, I can do anything I want.” It was self-deception. So the Christ Light, the first Light, is discrimination.

- Torkom Saraydarian (Teachings of Christ vol.1, p.3420)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know if this post has helped you.